Hampton Roads Legal Services
154 Newtown Road, Suite B2-100
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
I’ve been helping others find a fresh start through bankruptcy and divorce for over 25 years. When I was in law school I just happened to be working for a bankruptcy attorney. One of my first cases was a couple whose daughter suffered from a brain tumor, and after a multitude of surgeries and treatments, the family was left with bills in excess of $200,000 after insurance. They had no choice but to file bankruptcy and get some reprieve from the overwhelming amount of bills necessary to save their daughter.
Soon after, I met a young mother who had an inordinate amount of debt. She got pregnant by the love of her life, and the young man convinced her to buy a car along of a myriad of other items of value in her name. When the baby came, the young man took off with the car, leaving this penniless young mother alone with a baby and a ton of debt. This woman’s only option to get back on her feet was through a bankruptcy.
Case by case, I started to see how bankruptcy provided opportunities for people in unfortunate circumstances to realize a fresh start and decided to dedicate myself to this practice of law. Every day I take pride in helping my clients work towards a brighter future whether it’s through bankruptcy or divorce.
Jeremiah 29: 11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Education & Certifications
- 1997 Master of Law from Georgetown University School of Law – Graduated the two year program in one year with distinction.
- 1996 Juris Doctorate from Regent University School of Law – Graduated Magna Cum Laude; Served on Law Review & had article published.
- 1983 Master of Arts from Webster University – Completed while serving as an Officer in the US Army.
- 1980 Bachelor of Science from Oregon State University – Member of Kappa Delta Sorority
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), Tidewater Bankruptcy Bar Association, founding member of Tidewater Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
- Live in Virginia Beach with my husband of 30 years
- Love to travel, read & knit
- Devoted grandmother to six grandchildren
- Member of Virginia Beach United Methodist Church